Wednesday

In my March 18th post, I mentioned some of the good news - bad news that had been happening either in our lives or in those that we love. My friend, Lou, who had a recurrence of cancer several months ago, is having an important scan next week and I am asking you to join me in praying for her.

Five minutes in Lou's presence and you would be struck with her elegant carriage, her ready, beautiful smile and her tender heart. I met Lou at Bible study and was immediately bowled over with her enthusiasm to know Christ better. She's one of those women who is smart and lovely - a lethal combination! She fiercely loves her family and is concerned about the toll of this recurrence on them. So, pray for them as well.

Over the years, I have been privileged to meet lots of different people. Some have come through the doors of the church my husband pastors, others in Bible studies, some from our neighborhood, or through our kids and even in the check out line at Harris Teeter. Each of them has been brought in to my life for some reason whether I know them for ten seconds, ten minutes or ten years. I want to see them...really see them. It only takes a minute for me to look in someone's eyes and allow them to see Jesus shining out of mine. What a wonderful way to spend my time.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

I will be praying for your friend Lou.

And your daughter is beautiful! I have to say that I think she must get this from her Mom. :) I also love her name. I've never heard that before...very unique! Is Gray a family name? (Just curious! I noticed the connection with new baby Caroline Gray & Graylyn.)

How many children do you have?

~Lacey

Alida Sharp said...

My prayers are with you and your friends.

Alidasturn from the Pastor's Wives Forum