Saturday

Have you noticed the map locator on the sidebar? It's one of those widgets, (I'm beginning to speak a little blog!), that you can add to your blogsite that indicates where your readers are located. It is the coolest thing ever...the wonders of modern technology, I love it.

While the dot gives an approximate location of where you are it doesn't say anything about who you are. It's just a dot on a map. But the truth is you are much more than a dot. You've got a story and those little red circles have roused my curiosity.

I've always been curious about people, much to the embarrassment of my family! I was one of those kids who wasn't satisfied with being seen and not heard. Not much has changed in that regard. When my children were younger they used to cringe whenever we rode an elevator knowing that the chances were really high I would end up talking to anyone unfortunate enough to ride with us!

People are facinating, complex and downright surprising. And I think, for the most part, folks are desirous of being known. Why do you think blogging has become such a phenomenon? Blogging has become our opportunity to tell our story...the story of where we came from, where we are, where we're going, what we think, and what we believe.

So, fellow dots, what's your story?

post signature

2 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

My dot is in Helena, AL. I really enjoyed reading your blog (PS I too am not a shopper). I will be stopping back by!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Suzi,

You can see some of the history of my dot in my post today on my blog, look under "Hairapy". As well as the numerous Questionarre post that can be found under questionarres. There is also a questionarre post up today. Additionally I am a mom of three kids (17, 10 and 7) and married to a man that I felt God intended for me to love and be with, literally from the moment I saw him when I was 11 years old (there was just somehting about him). I really feel that God laid that upon me. I am a stay at home mom, freelance photographer and writer. We have , embarrassingly 5 dogs. I plan to stop back by and hear the story your dot has to tell.