Thursday

Thirty years ago, on a balmy evening just like tonight, I was feeling the beginning pangs of labor with our first child. I remember being terrified and yet eager to meet this one who had given me indigestion and rumbled around in my belly for nine months! Nothing, however, had prepared me for the first time I looked into her little face. Never before that day had I believed in "love at first sight." Thirty years later I'm still in awe that God has allowed me to be the mother of this amazing young woman. And "love at first sight" has deepened into love at every sight.





Happy Birthday my blonde-haired, blue-eyed beauty, Kelly.



post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you mom for your sweet words! Thank you for all the ways you have loved me for 30 years! You have taught me more about life then I could ever let you know. Your love for life, the Lord and your family is contagious! I love your writings, they will be something I always treasure! Love you lots mom!!!

Anonymous said...

So of course, I had to comment. I am so thankful you DID have that blonde-haired, blue-eyed beauty, dare I say, BOMBSHELL. And, you can tell you lover her well, because she has fruits of the Spirit in abundance. I am so thankful for the many ways you touch my life, sometimes from a distance and sometimes I can hug you! Thank you for your friendship and through that- giving me a sweet treasure of a friend in Kelly. Love the blog.