Thursday

I've been a very, very bad blogger. Seems I've had blogger's block. Seriously though, God has been stirring things within me and as he stirs I am awed in to silence. For me to be silent requires me to be still...two things I am not very adept at. However, I believe that being still is putting me in a position to not just hear from God but really listen to God. Interestingly, when Abraham, Moses, David, Peter and Paul (just to name a few) were still and silent before God, he moved them spiritually and physically.

I've written before how much I cringe at even the thought of change. Here's a recent illustration of that. A few weeks ago, we rearranged the furniture in our guest room. Not only that, we had the room painted a color we have never used in any of our rooms before. I had nightmares for several days afterwards! But now I go up there and sit in the newness of it and wonder why we didn't do it sooner! Just by moving a few sticks of furniture and getting rid of some useless pieces the room has been refreshed.

So, I wait, in silent stillness anticipating that God will show me what needs to go and what needs to be rearranged.

1 comment:

Just Me said...

Hi! Nice to have you posting - I check in every week, to see how you're doing. It's interesting that you say you don't like change - lots of people struggle with that. Next time you're able to sit in your 'new' guest room, just as the Lord, " Why does 'change' make fearful?" .or 'What is it about change that bothers me?' He'll tell you! On the other hand...I wish I could paint my living room ( well,..what the heck..lots of rooms in my house)..some more striking colors, but I'm insecure in my ability to actually pick a color! We're hoping to do our bathroom and living room soon - so...pray that I will be as adventurousome as you have been!