Thursday

Due to boredom with my previous blog format, I have made the switch to "dots"! The good news with this new format is that somehow the links that had disappeared have mysteriously reappeared! "Eliot's" blog continues to stir me. I urge you to read it and view the short movie they produced about baby Eliot.

Following directions has never been my strong suit so trying to make a fancier blog hasn't gone well. Evidently there are certain things that have to be done in a specific order and...well...I just don't follow directions!

Somehow I know there is a direct correlation with my being directionally challenged and my struggle with following the mandates God has laid out in His Word. I would like to tell you that I am a good follower of Christ, but I have this sin nature that keeps popping up...so very annoying. The irony is "my way" doesn't even begin to compare to His. "My way" doesn't satisfy. So, you would think I would get it. I suppose I am in good company. The disciples, who lived with Jesus, often were clueless. However, Jesus chose those 12 uneducated, normal guys to turn the world upside down. I suspect He will use me to do the same when I follow His way and not "my way".

The most incredible thing is that in spite of my fumbling and faltering ways He pours out His compassion on me daily. And even though, more times than I care to admit, I give Him the cold shoulder He promises that He will never leave me or forsake me. I can barely comprehend that kind of grace.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing mom. Your words are so encouraging and I am really enjoying reading your stuff!!! You are quite a woman!! I love you! Kel

Aunt Boo said...

Suzi-
Thanks for checking in about Lacey. I wish I could tell you she is better but instead she is just not talking. She did let us know via email that she is just having a hard time with everything and crying a lot. I will make sure that I let you know if things change.

Thanks again.
Amanda